September 8, 2011

A Letter

I had been alien to this space – as if I had evaporated into thin air! A moment of reality has struck me … all of a sudden; NOW. And that is because of Bee's memories brought to me by a friend.

The Bee of my life has a mystical presence and magical influence on me… It has remained live… not just in my garden but in the thoughts of some others as well…

Today I received a precious gift from a friend; a hand written letter and a ceramic bee, and a post card from Sabarmathi Ashram – Gandhiji’s haven where he spread messages of peace and love and cared for the sick…

I cannot remember the day I have received a hand-written letter. With the advent of internet and email we have stopped seeing faces of loved ones through the ink and the smudges…

It was a precious moment – opening the letter and reading the contents of my friend’s letter. She is across the ocean, celebrating Onam in Kerala, when I am typing this before chasing a deadline…

Thank you Manju for the thought – your impressions on the paper… and everything it said…

She says, she loves the concept of the Bee…

Yes, it is mystical, magical and romantic too….


HAPPY ONAM ! And what a gift I got today!

4 comments:

  1. :) thats sweet of you baby. let d bee keep u company forever and for ever.
    lov & happiness to u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good good...but i know where the bee is from :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A letter? So nice. I get one from Achan and Amma once a while. It is a great feeling to read a hand written letter. i am happy that my parents still belive in 'OLD' technologies :)

    Happy Onam

    ReplyDelete